GFPT Public Company Limited and its subsidiary companies (GFPT Group) operate integrated poultry business that are chicken evisceration and processed food, hatchery farm, selling day-old-chicks, grandparent chicken farm, parent chicken farm, broiler farm, feed mill, and processed food production.
GFPT is the parent company of the group who operates chicken production and distribution of frozen chicken meat, processed chicken, and its by-products under the customers’ and company brand names for both domestic and overseas markets.
How many subsidiary company of GFPT Group?
GFPT group operates integrated poultry business beginning with
- Krungthai Food Public Company Limited (“KT”), engages in feed mill business. KT’s main products are animal feed and aquatic feed. KT distributes animal feed especially chicken feed to the Company’s subsidiaries.
- GP Breeding Company Limited (“GP”), engages in grandparent chicken farming to produce parent day-old-chicks for FKT.
- Krungthai Farm Company Limited (“FKT”), engages in parent breeder farming and hatchery business. For the commercial day-old-chicks, FKT purchases parent breeders from GP to produce commercial day-old-chicks and sells to MKS.
- M.K.S. Farm Company Limited (“MKS”), engages in broiler farm business by purchasing commercial day-old-chicks from FKT and raising them for 41-43 days. MKS sells broilers to GFPT and GFN (joint venture company).
- GF Foods Company Limited (“GFF”), engages in production and distribution of processed foods business. Its main products are sausages, meat balls, chicken rolls, and other processed products which are distributed through fresh markets and wholesalers.
How many associated company of GFPT Group?
There are 2 associated companies. McKey Food Services (Thailand) Limited (“McKey”), engages in production and distribution of semi-finished frozen foods for export market. McKey’s products are distributed to McDonalds’ restaurants both in Thailand and overseas.
GFPT Nichirei (Thailand) Company Limited (“GFN”), engages in chicken evisceration, processing and distribution for domestic and export markets.
What about vision and mission of the GFPT Group?
GFPT Group strives to be a leading chicken meat exporter with its fully vertical integrated chicken production. We outlines its 7 mission statements to achieve the best practice in food production. GFPT Group’s strategies are crafted to serve its missions as follow:
1. Quality - Enhance product quality to international standards
2. Food Safety - Achieve confidence through the traceability system
3. Innovation - New product development using modern technology
4. Expertise - Encourage personnel's capabilities to become experts
5. Satisfaction - Be attentive to the customers’ needs to ensure their highest satisfaction
6. Alliance - Build long term relationship with business partners
7. Responsibility – Build awareness and be responsible towards the society and environment
What about revenue structure of GFPT Group?
In 2018, the consolidated revenue from sales consisted of chicken processing segment represented 45.33%, feed segment represented 18.80%, farm segment represented 31.62%, and processed food segment represented 4.25%.
What about production capacity and export volume of GFPT Group in 2018?
In 2018, GFPT Group produced chicken more than 2 hundred thousand metric tons per year, about 7% of Thai chicken meat production. Additionally, GFPT Group exported chicken more than 1 hundred thousand metric tons in 2018, about 13% of Thai chicken meat export.
What about major export markets of GFPT Group?
GFPT Group mainly export to Japan, the European Union, and other countries.
What about the dividend payment policy of the Company?
The dividend payment of GFPT Public Company Limited is “to pay dividend at the rate of not more than 50% of net profit of the Company’s separate financial statement after all deductions as required by law and the Company, subject to the Company’s cash flow, liquidity, future investment plans of the Company and its subsidiaries, and economic situation.”
What about factors that may affect future operation or financial position?
The internal risk factors are financial liquidity risks, marketing risks, human resources risks, the confidence of consumer in food safety risks, administrative management risks, corruption risks, and information technology risks.
On the other hand, the external risk factors are disease outbreaks risks, fluctuations in the prices of feed materials risks, price volatility of livestock and meat products risks, price volatility on fuel risks, change in consumers’ behavior risks, competition and liberalization of trade and move towards becoming an ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) risks, volatility on foreign exchange rate risks, volatility on interest rates risks, rules and regulations risks, and climate changing risks.
Nevertheless, the Company has mitigated these risks to be in an acceptable level as shown in the Risk Factors and Risk Management section (GFPT Annual Report 2017 page 58).